In a new turn of events, Samsung has carried out the eagerly awaited November 2023 security update for its Galaxy Note 20 series, targeting clients in Europe and the US. The update brings enhanced security features and addresses a total of 65 vulnerabilities recognized in the past software rendition. Here is an exhaustive breakdown of the latest update and how clients can install it on their Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra gadgets.
Update Details for Europe
- The LTE variants of the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra in Germany, Southeast Europe, and Switzerland have started getting the update.
- Firmware rendition N98xFXXS8HWK1 accompanies this minor update, with the 5G variants in Switzerland getting firmware form N98xBXXS8HWK1.
- All other European nations are supposed to get the security update inside the following couple of days.
Update Details for the US:
- Carrier-locked forms of the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra in the US, including Run and T-Versatile organisations, are getting the update with firmware rendition N98xUSQS5HWJ4.
- Factory-opened adaptations are getting the update with firmware variant N98xU1UES5HWJ4. This update is available on various organisations, for example, AT&T, Comcast, Cricket, Verizon, US Cellular, and Xfinity Versatile.
Key Security Improvements
- The November 2023 security patch addresses 65 vulnerabilities, encompassing both base Android and One UI software.
- Samsung remains focused on giving steady security updates to the Galaxy Note 20 series for a span of two years.
- Notably, these gadgets are not qualified for the Android 14-based One UI 6.0 update, which is saved for later Galaxy flagship models.
The most effective method to Install the Update
For clients in Europe or the US with a Galaxy Note 20 series telephone, installing the November 2023 security update is a straightforward cycle:
1. Navigate to Settings on your gadget.
2. Select Software Update.
3. Click on Download and Install.
Alternatively, for clients comfortable with manual installation:
1. Guarantee you have a Windows operating system PC with the Odin instrument installed.
2. Download the latest firmware document from the firmware database for manual flashing.
3. Adhere to the given directions to the flashing system.
Forthcoming Rollout to Additional Regions
While the November 2023 security update hasn’t reached Australia, Asia, Africa, and Latin America yet, clients in these districts can anticipate that the update should open up before long.
Taking everything into account, Samsung keeps on focusing on the security of its Galaxy Note 20 series clients by expeditiously conveying the latest security updates. Whether through automatic over-the-air updates or manual installation, clients can guarantee their gadgets remain shielded from potential vulnerabilities, adding to an overall enhanced client experience. Stay tuned for the approaching rollout of the November 2023 security update in Australia, Asia, Africa, and Latin America.